This Safari flea comb is specifically designed to remove fleas and detect skin conditions for short and long haired coats. Before using this comb, remove any mats and tangles that could damage the teeth of the comb. If needed, apply flea treatment. Comb your dog slowly, periodically checking the teeth of the comb for fleas or debris. Pay particular attention to areas around the ears, nape of neck, and base of tail. Between strokes, dip the comb into a cup of water with mild detergent to kill the fleas left on the comb.
- Safari Dog Flea Comb is used to control fleas, ticks and to help identify skin and coat problems
- Ideal to use after flea powders or shampoos
- Removes pests from your pup’s coat without irritating flea-bitten skin
- Contoured to fit in your palm for better control
- Easy to use, just start at the head of the dog and brush throughout down to the tail
Fleas rise to the top of your pet's coat as they die, so consider it a triumph if you start seeing more fleas at first, after treating your pet. If you’re still seeing fleas after application, it may be because your pet has picked up new fleas from the environment, which may include other pets, surfaces and outdoor areas. It may take up to 30 days to break the entire flea life cycle. Additionally, you should also treat sources of new fleas (i.e., carpet, yard, etc.) to ensure complete flea control.